Saturday, March 23, 2013

Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion Review


Another BB review again! You know how I like BB creams, and it seems like I can’t stop myself from wanting to try new bb, especially if it is raved about by many. So when I read a lot of positive reviews about Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion with SPF 50 + Pa +++, I was convinced and I immediately put it on my wish list.
image
imageTheir beautiful endorser is Song Hye Kyo + their new Homme endorser, the cute flower boy Song Joong Ki! (Click this for Model Story of Song Hye Kyo andSong Joong Ki) <3 ~~oh gorgeous people.
What is this Snow BB Soothing Cushion?
image
image
I tried the product when I went to Laneige in Robinsons Galleria, it has 4 shades (13 True Beige, 21 Natural Beige, 23 Sand Baige, and 31 Brown Beige). The SA asked me if my skin is acidic and I said yes, so she recommended the shade 13 and tried it on the back of my hand, (since its not so hygienic to try it on the face because of the sponge & cushion) and its pretty good but still I’m quite hesitant and thinking 13, maybe too light for me.  (~the SA is kind I must say^^)
Last February, my sister went to South Korea for their international tour (yeah, I’m super envious, I just think her course is awesome. I’m a bitter sister. ~~haha^^) And I asked her to buy stuffs for me (Korean cosmetics are cheaper there of course!^^). Top on my list it this. 
image
You may notice it has a different box, not white+pink but a silver+black one instead, but the compact is just the same.  Its 37,000 won, so maybe about P1400. Its P1950 here. 
image
I decided to get the shade 21 Natural Beige, and I think I got the right shade. :) image
What’s inside? The compact + refill
image
image
image
image
image
Love this puff.^^
image
Don’t be fooled by color of the cushion, try it to get the right shade.
image
image
image
image
image
What I like: 
  • SPF 50 + PA +++ I don’t need to apply a separate sunscreen anymore!
  • Gives an instant brightening effect
  • Dewy and natural finish
  • Covers the redness on my face
  • Light to medium coverage and it doesn’t feel heavy
  • Its easy to apply and blend
  • I didn’t get pimples
  • It doesn’t have a strong smell
  • The puff! I love how the sponge works, it doesn’t absorb the bb so you get the product instead of the sponge absorbing it. And it dries quick, but….I’ll put it below.
  • The puff has a separate compartment and it has a mirror
  • It comes with a refill, so yes I’m glad its refillable. 
  • It comes in different shades
What I don’t
  • Its hard to clean the puff sponge!
Neutral 
  • The oil control. I just wish it has a better oil control
  • Though its quite pricey, I think its just okay since it comes with a refill, a refill alone is P950.
image
L: No makeup R: With Laneige Snow BB soothing cushion (no primer and concealer~~)
image
*This is my first time to use something from Laneige and it didn’t disappoint me, like it.^^ Thinking of getting the famous Laneige water sleeping pack next time maybe? ^^
Trivia: Do you know that Laneige, Etude House, Innisfree and more… are under one company? Okay I know these 3 are under AMORE PACIFIC, but I just found out recently that there are really a lot more brands under this big cosmetic company! Read more on : http://hope-inablog.com/amore-pacific/korean-cosmetics-for-newbies/
image
*I don’t know when will I get tired of trying out bb creams, cc is coming but I still have bb creams on my wish list that I want to try.^^ Do you know any good cc cream that you can recommend? :)

15 comments:

  1. really? (maybe its one of those days when my skin is nice and camera friendly. lol. haha) thanks. I use and love missha perfect cover bb cream in shade 21 :) Shade 21 from missha and laneige suit my skin, but I still do suggest that you visit a laneige store and try it out personally so you could choose the best shade for you. good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it, maybe once or twice. I think its okay to use a brush with this, I just prefer using the sponge that comes with the compact because it doesn't really absorb the bb, and I find it easier to use. Sorry for the late reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have really nice skin! i use no. 21 missha perfect cover bb cream...does this mean i should get the no. 21 laneige snow bb soothing cushion like you too..? sorry for asking im such a beginner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried to apply this bb cream with a brush instead of the sponge?
    I'm addicted to bb cream too :)) and really interested in this one ( I've used Laneige sleeping mask and liked it, so have good impression on Laneige products )
    usually I prefer liquid formula and brush ^^ so I just want to know if the bb cream works with a brush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chiew! sorry for the late reply. If you really have dark eye circles, then you may use concealer and set it with powder for additional coverage :) thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really bad dark eyed circles, do I need to apply consealer before applying the BB cream? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still thinking about it and i'm eyeing the one from tfs. :) thanks for your suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its up to you, you may or may not :) If you have dry skin you may skip the powder but if you have oily skin you may use a setting powder for oil control. I have combination-oily skin but I sometimes don't use powder and it works just fine, just have to use oil blotting paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look radiant here! Happy for you since you got to save money buying this from Korea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, after applying snow BB soothing cushion, do we need to apply compact powder or loose powder over it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so far, I've heard lots of positive reviews about banila & co's cc cream so you may want to give it a shot(:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, thanks,..but maybe its just in the picture or my skin is just fine that day? :)) I swear, I have some skin problems too, I need BB creams to help me! :D Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your skin looks so nice!! :) i havent tried anything from laneige so i'm definitely going to check this out the next time i visit their store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. not really (I have big pores~~) but thanks :)) This is my first time to try something from Laneige and it didn't disappoint me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thanks. :) Its really fun shopping in Korea because stuffs there are cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...